Real estate professionals looking for climbing up the corporate ladder can make efficient usage of MBA Specialization in Real Estate Management. Similarly, business students wanting to start off their career in real estate industry can specialize and learn the basics of property development, residential sales, commercial transactions, real estate property appraisals and property management. An MBA Specialization in Real Estate Management combines the courses in managerial and accounting field with the real estate field. The students are taught about advanced knowledge in retaining and selling of commercial and residential properties. The business of selling and buying property is made easier, teaching students about management decisions, legal aspects of real estate, real state economics and real estate capital markets.
Skills Needed to Excel in the Field
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with the staff, owners and tenants in an efficient manner.
- Strong leadership and recordkeeping skills
- Knowledge of maintenance tools and equipments
- Ability to grasp the fundamentals of Investment and Finance, Property Development and Management, Research and Consulting and Commercial Lending
- Develop the ability to analyze the real-estate markets, risk and financing.
- Ability to deploy world-class tools in respective market and investment analysis.
Curriculum of MBA Concentration in Real Estate Management
- Real Estate Finance: The income producing real property is analyzed in this course. Sets of concepts and techniques are used to understand the characteristics which make every real estate property different from each other, including the aspects of debt sources, cash flow uncertainties and tax features. The available structures and strategies of real estate, including the respective capital structure choices are understood through the lens of permanent and construction financing. Thus, along with finance theory, the students are taught on how to adapt with the real estate market, use project analyses to further elevate one’s knowledge.
- Real Estate Transactions: The course includes understanding the real estate transactions with an institutional framework. The tools used for the analytics of finance and investment are also employed in it. Several laws are involved in real estate transactions such as the land-use law, environment law, contract law, property law, bankruptcy law, corporate law and insurance law. Tax considerations also play a pivotal role in these real estate transactions which must be understood by every student. The legal documentation of the transactions should be grasped by the students in a very professional and flawless manner.
- Real Estate Capital Markets: The course deals with the understanding of the commercial real estate capital markets, which have expansion scope in the public markets. The students should understand the fundamentals of public markets for equity services and debt, valuation metrics, private capital formation as well as providing the investors with the needed information in the arrays of investment. The investment view and strategy should be integrated with the risks which are inherent in today’s capital markets right from the very start. Thus, capital markets and financial structures are discussed in great detail.
- Global Real Estate Investment: The course introduces the students with the trends in global real estate investment, from the perspective of an institution. The global real estate portfolios are dealt in great detail, to understand the analytical framework and the tools that are needed in this process. Asset management strategies are also paid attention to.
- Real Estate Development: The course deals with the examination of the developmental processes which are included in real estate development as well as the reviewing of the practical processes such as design, construction, site acquisition and financing. Urban commercial projects, urban residential projects, hotels, retails, suburban commercial projects are also handled in this scope.
Potential Career Options on Graduation with MBA Specialization in Real Estate Management
MBA Specialization in Real Estate Management is very rewarding, especially in the areas related to Lending and Financing, Asset and Portfolio Management, Real Estate Advisory Services and Economic Development and Public Policy. The Real Estate Managers can also branch out into areas such as Administrative Service Managers and Lodging managers. There is going to be a phenomenal percentage of growth for real estate managers in the coming decades, making the long term prospects of the job more engaging and worthwhile. A student armed with through knowledge of the industry is definitely going to reap the advantages of this growing sector.