The Indian School of Business (ISB) at Mohali is a private run business school in India which was founded by two senior executives of McKinsey & Company. Co-founders Rajat Gupta and Anil Kumar played an integral role in recruiting international and Indian leaders into the school. It has international partnerships with Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and Kellogg School of Management in Illinois. The motto of the school is ‘Where Leaders Are Made.’ The current Chairperson of the School is Adi Godrej while the Dean is Ajit Rangnekar. It is one of the world-class business schools in Asia. It has two centers, one in Hyderabad and the other in Mohali.
Mohali Campus History and Overview
The operations at Mohali Campus started from April 14, 2012. It offers short-term executive programs along with the ISB’s Post-Graduate Program. Spread across 70 acres, the Mohali campus is quite self-sustainable with all the needed amenities present in the walking distance. The campus is also Wi-Fi enabled. Faculty Research Centers, 500-seater auditorium, classrooms, faculty offices are present in the academic center. Designed by New York-based Perkins Eastman, the campus meets the LEEDS Gold sustainability criteria, with its energy-efficient mechanical and electrical fixtures, rain water harvesting and more.
The following four other research institutes are also hosted by the campus:
• Punj Lloyd Institute of Infrastructure Management
• Munjal Global Manufacturing Institute
• Bharti Institute of Public Policy
• Max Institute of Healthcare Management
The faculty of ISB Mohali is committed to the generation of knowledge and brilliant ideas in the field of research and business management. ISB is a research oriented institution. More than 150 articles in journals of great reputation have been published by the faculty of ISB. The faculty has also received several awards for its excellence. The School also hosts visiting scholars and researchers every year which makes the environment even more dynamic.
• ISB Certificate Program in Business Analytics (ISB CBA): The program is a combination of Technology aided teaching and classroom lectures. CBA is a challenging and rigorous program. The schedule includes group work, projects and guest lectures. The program is designed for professionals who have a background of analytics and have an analytical aptitude that can be further enhanced with this course. It is a stimulating as well as a challenging program for those who are looking for both qualitative and quantitative business analytics.
• Certificate Program in Manufacturing & Operations Management (CPMOM): The course includes understanding of the general management fundamentals, along with in-depth understanding of the core-subjects related to manufacturing, Operations as well as the Supply Chain Management. The courses are well designed, sharpening the analytical skills of the students in the manufacturing sector so that they get to be the future leaders and entrepreneurs in this sector. The high reaping rewards and long term career growth in this sector is an important and pivotal reason to pursue this course for all round development of the student in the manufacturing sector, starting from the very fundamental concepts to high end technology utilization.
• ISB IICA Certificate Short Term Program in CSR Management (ISB CSRM): ISB CSRM is designed to suit the fast pacing economy with a strong and global presence in the program delivery and designing part. The students are exposed to the best global practices, while still being embedded in the context of emerging markets in corporate social responsibility. The program brings about the best alignment between the corporate strategies, CSR practices and management practices under Section 135 of New Companies Act 2013.
• Fellow Program in Management (ISB FPM): The Fellow Program in Management brushes the young researchers to be ‘out-of-the-box’ and innovative thinkers and problem solvers, in the fields of Financial Economics, Accounting, Information System, Organizational Behavior and Strategy and Marketing. The research strengths of the faculty are the core of the program, making it engage with the cutting edge research which is highly relevant in this field. The program is academically very rigorous and challenging, meeting the dynamic and ever-changing needs of the business.
For placements, the students from both ISB Hyderabad and Mohali are presented to the recruiters so that they can make the right selection. While ISB follows a non-disclosure policy regarding the highest international and domestic CTC, placements across a range of industry verticals as well as functional areas stand testimony to the institute’s success.